KPI Library News, January 25 2008
The KPI Library community is rapidly growing. More than 10,000 registered members are currently involved in building the largest repository of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). The KPI Library currently has 800+ KPIs in 50+ categories such as supply chain, project management, human resources, IT and finance.
The KPI Library offers various ways to members to participate:
- Submit your KPIs to be included in the library
- Score KPIs to rate the importance of KPIs
- Bookmark KPIs to build your personal KPI lists
- Comment on KPIs to give your opinion
It is the objective of the KPI Library to be the single source for KPIs driven by its community members. The community decides which KPIs are best-rated and most-used.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are quantifiable measurements, agreed to beforehand, that help an organization define and measure progress toward organizational goals. KPIs in IT management will help steer efficiency and quality of IT services as delivered to internal or external customers.
Below, we have composed a list of commonly used Key Performance Indicators for IT management based on the input from the 8,500+ members of the KPI Library community, and our experience in customer implementations. The KPI Library is a free community that provides an extensive library of Key Performance Indicators. The community contributes and rates KPIs, and therefore drives this list of commonly used KPIs.
Support & delivery
• % of service requests resolved within an agreed-upon period of time
• Cost of service delivery
• Critical-time outage/unavailability
• Customer satisfaction
• % of outage due to changes (planned unavailability)
• Deviation of planned hours of work for project/program
• % of projects/programs with missed milestones
• Average break-even time of projects/programs
• % of projects with pre-defined ROI
• Deviation of planned budget for project/program
Availability, performance & capacity
• Availability %
• Average response time of application transactions
• Average % of memory utilization
• Number of alerts on exceeding system capacity thresholds
• % of failed application transactions
Measuring your organization’s success depends on identifying and prioritizing the KPIs that really matter for your organization. Therefore, for more KPIs for IT management, we suggest browsing the categories ‘IT management’ and ‘Project portfolio’ in the KPI Library. The library contains 400+ KPIs for IT management in various categories such as ITIL, Cobit, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and IT services such as applications, storage, networking, hosting and backup, and it contains 60+ KPIs for project and program management. We encourage you to become a member, and learn from the communuty and contribute to the KPI Library.